We are Loyal North Plc (referred to as “we” or “us” or “our”). Our registered address is 8-10 Great George Street, London, England SW1P 3AE and the registration number is 09124855. Our website is www.loyal-north.co.uk (the “Website”).
We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy, we are the data controller.
These Terms apply to actual clients and anyone simply browsing our Website (either one referred to as “you” or “your”).
We promise to respect any personal data you share with us, or that we get from other organisations and keep it safe. We aim to be clear when we collect your data and not do anything you would not reasonably expect.
What information we collect
Upon receipt of your consent we may collect the following information:
- name and title;
- contact information including your corporate email address;
- address including postcode of your company;
- device information, if you use the Website (i.e. your IP address); and
- we may retain copies of any correspondence you send us, details of your registration history and any materials you post on the Website.
You can browse this Website as a guest without giving us any information, and we will not know who you are. However, even if you are a guest, please bear in mind that we may:
- record the areas of the Website which you visit and at what times;
- record information about your activities in using the Website;
- collect information your IP address; and
- store data that you submit to us via email.
We collect the information above by using cookies in accordance with our Cookies Notice.
How the law protects you
Data Protection law provides that we are allowed to use personal information only if we have a proper reason to do so. This includes sharing it outside our Group of companies. The law says we must have one or more of these reasons:
- to fulfil a contract we have with you;
- when it is our legal duty;
- when it is in our legitimate interest; or
- when you consent to it.
A legitimate interest is when we have a business or commercial reason to use your information. But even then, it must not unfairly go against what is right and best for you.
What we do with the information we collect
Below are the lists of all the ways that we may use your personal information and which of the reasons we rely on to do so. This is also where we tell you what our legitimate interests are.
The ways that we (or third party data processors, agents and subcontractors acting on our behalf, where relevant) may use your personal information are:
- to enrich your experience and interaction with the Website by allowing you to store your details so that your preferences are retained when you revisit the Website;
- to analyse site usage and improve our services;
- to deliver to you any administrative notices, alerts and communications relevant to your use of the services;
- to contact you from time to time to inform you about new features, to troubleshoot problems, and to protect you against fraud or other criminal activity;
- for customer service purposes;
- for regulatory and legal reasons (e.g. anti-money laundering);
- for independent audit purposes;
- for any other purposes in relation to our contractual relationship with you;
- for internal record keeping;
- to use the information to improve our products and services;
- to periodically send promotional messages about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the contact information which has been provided to us;
- to use your information to contact you for market research purposes; and
- to use the information to customise the Website according to your interests.
We may use your personal information by relying on the following reasons: your consent, contractual necessity, compliance with legal obligations, legitimate interests (including direct marketing, sharing personal data within a group of companies for internal administration, ensuring network and information security).
How long we keep your personal information for
We will keep your personal information for only as long as necessary for any of the following purposes:
- to respond to any questions or complaints;
- to show that we treated you fairly; or
- to maintain records according to rules that apply to us.
How we keep your personal information secure
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
We carry out regular audits of who has access to data so that we can ensure that your information is only accessed by trained staff.
When you use the Website, data is transferred from your device to us. We use advanced encryption technology to keep your data secure.
Only dedicated personnel has access to your personal details.
We have robust fraud screening processes to mitigate and detect fraud.
Some of our suppliers may run their operations outside the European Economic Area (EEA). Although they may not be subject to same data protection laws as companies based in the UK, we will take steps to make sure they provide an adequate level of protection in accordance with UK data protection law. By submitting your personal information to us you agree to this transfer, storing or processing at a location outside the EEA.
We will only send your data outside of the EEA:
- to follow your instructions;
- to comply with a legal duty; or
- to work with our agents and advisers who we use to help run your accounts and services.
There may be links on our website to other websites which are not within our control. Once you have left our Website, we cannot be responsible for the content of other websites or for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide on these websites. Please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and website terms and conditions.
Who else we share your information with
We may share your personal information with companies and other third parties performing services on our behalf who will only use the information to provide that service.
We will not share your data for marketing purposes unless you have actively consented to this. However, in some circumstances, we may need to share your details with a third party for processing.
Marketing, Newsletter and Notices
We will provide you with our newsletter, information on our services and/or other marketing-related notices via email (together “Notices”), if you have provided your prior consent.
If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive the Notices, please unsubscribe using the relevant link provided in the individual Notices. We will always give you an opportunity to unsubscribe from receiving any Notices.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please contact us by email at email@example.com. Any access request is free, however, any additional copies may be subject to a reasonable administrative charge.
If you think any information we have about you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will correct, delete or update any information as soon as possible.
By sending an email message to us at email@example.com you may inform us that you would like to enforce any of the following rights:
- right to prevent direct marketing;
- right to prevent further processing of personal data (“restriction”) when there is a dispute as to accuracy, when an objection to processing has been verified, when processing is unlawful and you object to erasure, or when the data is no longer required by us but you require it for establishment, exercise or defence of a legal claim;
- right to erase personal data (“right to be forgotten”) when processing is no longer necessary, consent is withdrawn, legitimate interests no longer apply, the processing is unlawful, or erasure is required by law and we must take reasonable steps to inform other controllers of it has made such data public;
- right to prevent automated decision-making and profiling;
- right to require that the data provided by you for processing with your consent or under contract be provided in a commonly used and machine-readable form and transmitted to another controller (“data portability”).
How to withdraw your consent
You can withdraw your consent at any time. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. If this is so, we will tell you.
How to complain
Please let us know if you are unhappy with how we have used your personal information. You can contact us at email@example.com.
If you are not satisfied with the response you receive from us for any reason then you also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office. Find out on their website how to do so via https://ico.org.uk/.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our Website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better Website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the Website.